February is here! We will be exchanging Valentines with one another. A note and class list has come home. Please work with your child to decorate a container of some sort (basket, tissue box, cereal box, shoe box, etc.) to put Valentines in. Be sure your child's name is on it to make it easier for children to pass out Valentines.
We have also begun our "book buddy" each week. Be sure your child reads the book to you each night. They should be using thier finger to track, sounding out words, recognizing popcorn words and using pictures for clues. Please sign the log and write me any comments I should know. Happy reading!
We have begun our star of the week. When your child is chosen for star of the week, a bucket will come home with directions inside. Your child will also get a chance to bring home our "Class Scrapbook". Each child in our class is featured on a page. If your family has not had a chance to complete a scrapbook page yet, please do so. There are extra pages in the back of the book for you to decorate.
Please remember to do the following each night:
· Check white binder and take out any papers that are in the ‘stay at home’ pocket.
· Check the planner to see if there is any communication from me and sign.
· Check your child’s clip calendar for how they did each day and sign nightly.
· Talk to your child about their day and what they did at school.
· Read! For AR or just for fun!
Thank you for your support. You are always welcome to email me or write in your child’s agenda if you have any questions.
colored copy paper, grocery list writing pads of paper, stickers (holiday or reward), popsicle sticks