1. Your child has been assigned a login code to access our ConnectEd Reading series from home. They can reread the weekly stories, play games, and practice skills to help improve word recognition and reading comprehension. If your child has access to the internet at home, please use the link below to locate the teacher's class page. Find the "teddy bear" picture and "Callahan 2014-2015". Click on this and you should be taken to a class list. Find your child's name and click. They have been assigned an easy 3 symbol password which they will enter. Once they are logged in, they click on the "To Do" button. This will provide them many opportunities to learn and grow as a reader! Please let me know if you have any questions.
2. Don't forget to send your child in a blue uniform shirt on Monday October 5th for "Stomp out Bullying."
3. No school on Friday so the spelling and reading test will be Thursday this week.
4. October is Fire Safety Month! The children will have the opportunity to meet with firefighters and learn about safety, as well as, spray the water hose!
5. Lastly, I sent home a printed copy of the October newsletter last Wednesday. If for some reason you did not receive it, I have also posted it on my webpage. These monthly newsletters are very informative, so I would suggest hanging it on the fridge to use for reference. It contains special dates, spelling and high frequency words, math, science and social studies topics, and reading skills covered. Hope you enjoy!
Staying involved in your child's education is the key to a successful
year. I hope you find lots of helpful information, reminders, and
resources on this page to keep you updated and involved with your first grader.