Fall is here and hopefully some cooler weather is coming! October is a busy month for First grade. We have several activities/events happening this month that you will want to mark on your calendar.
* Monday, October 6 is Stomp Out Bully day so don't forget to wear your BLUE uniform shirt.
* Tuesday, October 7 is Fire Safety Presentation
* Friday, October 10 there is NO SCHOOL for students
* Thursday, October 16 is First Grade Parent Night (5:30-7:30 p.m.) at the Primary Center. You will learn about what we teach in first grade along with important information about the new standard based report cards. You will also learn about the new DEA assessment. Those that attend will earn informational PI hours. I look forward to seeing you there!
* Friday, October 17 Report Cards go home
* Tuesday, October 28 is the due date for all Buffalo Basket donations. Our class basket theme is Pampering/Relaxation. You will receive a letter soon that explains our basket in more detail and examples of donation ideas. I appreciate all your help with making this event such a success!
* Friday, October 31 is Book-O-Ween. Students will get to dress up as their favorite book character and show off their costume in a parade in the Primary Center. More details to come.
I encourage you to get
involved and become a partner in your child's education. I welcome parent
involvement and strongly encourage it. I know that is not always possible to do
everything all the time, but helping with your child's homework or checking out
my webpage is a wonderful start. This is going to be a wonderful
year! I am honored to have the opportunity to assist in your child's
education by providing an exciting, engaging and safe experience for them. Thank you for sharing your beautiful children with me for this school
year. I look forward to a very rewarding year and working with each of
you to ensure that your child will have a successful year!
As always if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! You can contact me through email, a note in your child's agenda or a phone call. I will get back with you as quickly as I can and will be happy to answer any questions that you might have.
Mrs. Melissa Danford
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs. Melissa Danford
First Grade Teacher
The Villages Charter School
Spelling City(practice Spelling words on this fun website)
The Accelerated Reader (AR) program is a computer program that provides teachers and children with a fun and exciting way to boost reading skills. This program also serves as an assessment tool that allows me to monitor both the quantity and quality of reading practice that your child is engaged in.In my classroom we use Accelerated Reader in order to help students improve reading comprehension as well as to help them develop a love for reading. Accelerated Reader is an independent reading program based on the principle that practice improves reading. to view your child's progress in the AR (Accelerated Reader) program you can visit the website listed below. It is easy to get signed up and use this great service. You will receive emails to your personal email address when you child has tested. It is a valuable tool to use keeping in touch with your child's progress. Please take advantage of this resource offered to you. We are already racking up AR points so that we can earn as many AR points as possible. The first grade goal is 25 points by May. All first graders earning 25 points will get to attend the annual pancake breakfast. I have also encouraged students to aim higher towards the 100 point club. Students who earn 100 points will get to attend the annual pizza party.