We have a lot of exciting news for the month of May. The students have been working very hard on our new concepts and I am very proud of them. Thank you for your help and support at home! Here are a just a few reminders of important things going on this month.
- Our last Buffalo Pride Meeting on Tuesday, May 3 in the Middle School Gym from 6:00-7:30 p.m. This is a wonderful opportunity to earn Informational PI time. The end of the school year is approaching, so please make sure that you are getting your PI hours needed for the year. If you are in need of Vounteer hours, then please contact me through email and I will gather a project for you to do at home.
- Spring Conferences are under way and I have enjoyed meeting with you to go over your child's progress this year.
- The students have completed their final DEA assessment. The students have worked very hard and have shown great progress this year. I am very excited about having them show what they know and what they have learned! I am happy to share the results with you at our conference.
- The Primary Book Fair is May 2-6 in our Media Center. Our class will visit the book fair on Wednesday and make their Wish List at this time. This is a wonderful opportunity to volunteer to earn PI.
- Arts in the Park will be May 10 from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Primary Center. This is a wonderful opportunity to see their Art work and watch them perform their dance routine that their wonderful P.E. teachers have taught them.
- Field Day/Reading Celebration Day is Friday, May 13 at the Primary Center. You will receive more information soon telling you more about this fun day for the students. This is also a wonderful opportunity to earn PI as well.
- Our Class Award's Program is scheduled for Thursday, May 19 from 9:30-10:30 in our classroom. This is an exciting day that is a celebration of the students accomplishments and hard work. I have sent an invitation to all and also a note of various food items that could be brought in for our celebration. I look forward to seeing you there!
Lastly, don't forget to look over the May Newsletter that I have provided for you on my webpage. This is a wonderful way to stay connected to what we are doing in our classroom and information that will be important to you as well.
First grade is an exciting time as children embark upon new adventures in the world of learning. I am looking forward to a very exciting and productive year working with your child. I will strive each day to make learning a fun and enriching process for your child. However, I need your help in making this year as successful as it can be! I believe that you and I are a team working together to help your child develop emotionally and academically. You are the most important person in your child’s life and you are also a teacher in your child’s life. I know if we work together and communicate, your child will have a very successful year!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have during the year (email@example.com).
Mrs. Melissa Danford
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me through email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mrs. Melissa Danford
First Grade Teacher
The Villages Charter School
Spelling City(practice Spelling words on this fun website)
The Accelerated Reader (AR) program is a computer program that provides teachers and children with a fun and exciting way to boost reading skills. This program also serves as an assessment tool that allows me to monitor both the quantity and quality of reading practice that your child is engaged in.In my classroom we use Accelerated Reader in order to help students improve reading comprehension as well as to help them develop a love for reading. Accelerated Reader is an independent reading program based on the principle that practice improves reading. to view your child's progress in the AR (Accelerated Reader) program you can visit the website listed below. It is easy to get signed up and use this great service. You will receive emails to your personal email address when you child has tested. It is a valuable tool to use keeping in touch with your child's progress. Please take advantage of this resource offered to you. We are already racking up AR points so that we can earn as many AR points as possible. The first grade goal is 25 points by May. All first graders earning 25 points will get to attend the annual pancake breakfast. I have also encouraged students to aim higher towards the 100 point club. Students who earn 100 points will get to attend the annual pizza party.