Mrs. María Hubbard « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
¡Bienvenidos a la clase de la Señora Hubbard! This is my eleventh year at the school and my tenth one teaching Spanish. During the academic year 2016-2017, I will be teaching Spanish 2 & AP Spanish Language and Culture. I am really excited to be at The Villages High School and to have been given the opportunity to teach you Spanish, not only my first language but also a language that I love.
Let me tell you how I ended up at The Villages. I was born and raised in Argentina. Once I graduated from high school, I went to college for a Bachelor's Degree in English-Spanish Translation. After obtaining my degree, I decided to come to the States, namely Michigan, in order to attend college. It was there, in the city of Ann Arbor, where I met my husband Greg and worked as a full- time translator. Three years went by and we decided to move down to Florida, following my husband's family. Of course, as soon as I saw these beautiful facilities and the great working environment, I realized this was the place where I wanted to grow in my professional career as well as to have my children receive their education.
I am really looking forward to getting to know each one of you and learning a lot of Spanish together. Learning a second language will be challenging sometimes, but it will also be rewarding and exciting many other times. You will not only learn a lot of vocabulary and grammar, but you will also achieve some understanding of the Hispanic culture.
Please, do not hesitate to contact me whenever you have any questions or concerns. Being inquisitive is fundamental when learning a second language.
Let's get to work! ¡A estudiar se ha dicho!
Español 2 y Español AP ~ Sra. Hubbard Supply List
1. Bilingual English/Spanish Dictionary(it doesn’t need to be an expensive one)
2. 1.5/2- inch binder with pockets
3. 3-hole punched, loose or top-bound notebook paper
4. 7-tab binder dividers (Labeled: “Información General” (General information), “Timbre” (Bellringers), “Apuntes” (Notes), “Alfabetismo” (Literacy), “Cultura” (culture), “Tarea/Cuaderno” (HW /WKBK), “Pruebas/Exámenes” (quizzes & tests)
5. 1 set of headphones/ ear buds
6. 500 blank/lined index cards
7. Black, blue and red ink pens
9. # 2 pencils
11. The Villages High School Agenda Planner
Tutoring or Makeup Work: Please communicate when you will be coming in (Sign-in Sheet is available in class) and note the available times below: Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 2:50 to 3:10.
- Absences/Make-up Work: Whether the absence is excused or unexcused, you can make up homework and tests. You will have three (3) school days from and including the date of your return to complete any missing assignments. When coming back from an absence, check the teacher connection page on the school website. There you will find what we did in class while you were absent. If after visiting this page, you still have questions and/or doubts, feel free to speak with me before or after school, not during class time. You are welcome to use the Media Center computers before or after school. Regarding make-up work, on the top corner of your paper write down your name, subject (Spanish 2 or 4), class period, and the date of when you were absent. Also, if you are absent due to an out-of-school suspension, you need to submit work that was due on your day(s) of OSS or work that was assigned on your day(s) of OSS on the day of your return. You will receive full credit for this work if submitted when you return.
- Make-Up Tests/Projects & Papers: If you are absent for a quiz or a test, you will have five (5) school days from and including the date of your return to complete the test. It is your responsibility to contact me in order to make up a test. Also, papers and projects that were assigned a week or more prior to your absence will still be due on the assigned due date regardless of whether you are in school. If you are absent on such a date, it is your responsibility to submit the paper or project via email or by having someone deliver your work to school on the due date.
- Class Work and Homework Assignments: In order for each of you to strive for excellence and do your best at all times, assignments will be graded on correction and/or completion. You will not be notified in advance which assignments will be collected and how they will be graded. Make sure that you complete all the assignments according to the described expectations, and you will do great!!!
- Español II Español Santillana 2 Textbook Official Website: http://villagescharter.schoology.com
- Español Santillana HispaNoticias: http://www.santillanausa.com/fansdelespanol/news/ Simply click on the Spanish level and then countries, regions and themes below to access a wealth of articles in English and Spanish, many of which include audio and video support. Questions follow each article to support comprehension.
- Español AP Lengua y Cultura "Temas" Textbook Official Website: Supersite In your Supersite account, you will complete classwork, homework, and sometimes assessments. Also, you have access to the Textbook itself as well as all the accompanying material. Another website that you will use is Pearson SuccessNet Plus for the textbook AP Spanish: Preparing for the Language and Culture Examination.
- Español II & AP Moodle: Review activities for each lesson are posted on Moodle site.
AP Spanish Language & Culture - Las Tareas para el Verano.
AP Spanish Language & Culture Test Format - Homework Link is included here.
AP Spanish Language and Culture Syllabus - Authorized by AP College Board
Classroom Management Plan -
How to make accent mark in a Chromebook -
How to make accent marks in an Office Document -
How to set an account on Moodle -
Links to join your Quizlet Class - Make sure that you select the correct class period
Oral Rubric ~ Interpersonal Communication - Spanish 1 - AP Spanish Language and Culture
Oral Rubric ~Presentational Communication - Spanish 1 - AP Spanish Language and Culture
Schoology Account -
Spanish 2 Final Exam Study Guide - Vocabulary, Grammar, and Culture
Spanish 2 Preliminary Unit - Study Guide (Grammar Notes and Vocabulary)
Spanish 2 Preliminary Unit Notes -
Spanish 2 Preliminary Unit Review - En resumidas cuentas...
Spanish 2 Semester Exam Study Guide - Preliminary Unit, Units 1 & 2 Vocabulary & Grammar
Spanish 2 Student's Expectations -
Spanish 2 Unit 1 Culture -
Spanish 2 Unit 1 Grammar Notes -
Spanish 2 Unit 1 Study Guide - Grammar, Vocabulary, & Culture
Spanish 2 Unit 2 Culture -
Spanish 2 Unit 2 Grammar Notes -
Spanish 2 Unit 2 Study Guide -
Spanish 2 Unit 3 Culture -
Spanish 2 Unit 3 Grammar Notes -
Spanish 2 Unit 4 Grammar Notes -
Spanish 2 Unit 4 Study Guide - Vocabulary and Commands
Spanish 2 Unit 6 Grammar Notes -
Spanish 2 Unit 6 Review Answers - Pretérito vs. Imperfecto
Spanish 2 Unit 6 Study Guide for Exam -
Spanish 2 Unit 6 Study Guide for Quiz -
Spanish II Syllabus - ~ Supplies included here.
Student Quick Sheet to GOOGLE CLASSROOM -
Writing Rubric - Spanish 1 - AP Spanish Language and Culture