If you need to speak to your child's school counselor during the year please email or call (352) 259-0044 and the front desk will connect you:
Ms. Sheryl Graham 6th & 8th Grade School Counselor Sheryl.Graham@TVCS.org
Ms. Allisun Anderson 7th Grade School Counselor Allisun.Anderson@TVCS.org
We try very hard to be pro-active at VCMS; you may have received a telephone request from Robin Glenn to schedule an appointment with your student(s) teachers. We look forward to meeting with you and we encourage you to make yourself available. The typical parent conference starts at 7:20 and ends no later than 7:50. That allows teachers to attend the meeting and be available for the start of school day. No one knows your students like you do, and you can provide valuable insight into your child..
If, you would like to meet with the teachers prior to our request, please call the school and ask for Robin. Robin Glenn maintains all of the grade level calendars and is the best equipped to schedule conferences.
Spring break is just around the corner. Hopefully, we will all have some rest and relaxation time to prepare us for FCAT testing and the countdown for the end of the year. The students have worked all year to master the material they will be tested on. Please see that your students come to school those weeks rested.
FAMILY & COMMUNITY RESOURCES
TOLL FREE HELP LINES:
Family Support & Abuse Prevention
· Florida’s Parent Support Helpline- Provides confidential counseling and referral to parents who are stressed. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-FLA-LOVE (1-800-352-5683)
· Abuse Registry-Florida hotline determines if the information presented complies with the mandates in law and assists all callers with information and referral to enhance the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable adults. Available 24 hours, 7 days a week. 1-800-96-ABUSE (1-800-96-2873)
· Child Help USA- Offers crisis intervention, information and referrals. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) www.childhelp.org
· Parents Without Partners- Provides single parents and their children with an opportunity for enhancing personal growth, self-confidence, and sensitivity towards others by offering real help in the way of discussions, professional speakers, study groups, publications, and social activities for families and adults. Available 8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. 1-800-637-7374 www.parentswithoutpartners.org
· AARP Foundation Grandparent Information Center- A resource for grandparents raising grandchildren, professionals, support groups, researchers and policy makers. 1-800-OUR-AARP (1-800-687-2277) www.aarp.org
· Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America- Volunteers support families under stress and single parents by working with children in need of additional attention and friendship. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-888-412-BIGS www.bbbsa.org
· CHADD- A national non-profit organization providing education, advocacy and support for individuals with ADD/ADHD. Automated phone service. 1-800-233-4050 www.chadd.org
· Family Network on Disabilities- Provides family-driven support, education, information, and advocacy. Available 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. 1-800-825-5736 www.fndfl.org
Health Services, Food & Nutrition
· ACCESS Florida- Toll-free number to apply for food stamps, Medicaid, and temporary cash assistance. 1-866-76ACESS(1-866-762-2237) www.dcf.state.fl.us/ess/index.shtml
· National Suicide Hotline- Trained volunteers and professional counselors are there to listen. 1-800-784-2433 or Teen Hotline 1-877-968-8454