Welcome to the VCMS Guidance Page!
If you need to speak to your child's school counselor please email or call (352) 259-0044 and the front desk will connect you:
Mrs. Allisun Anderson 8th Grade School Counselor & 6th (Last Names A-L) Allisun.Anderson@TVCS.org
Mr. John Tucker 7th Grade School Counselor & 6th (Last Names M-Z) John.Tucker@TVCS.org
Meet Our Counselors!
Allisun Anderson John Tucker
We try very hard to be pro-active at VCMS; you may have received a telephone request from Suzie Hames to schedule an appointment with your student(s) teachers. We look forward to meeting with you and we encourage you to make yourself available. The typical parent conference starts at 7:20 and ends no later than 7:50. That allows teachers to attend the meeting and be available for the start of school day. No one knows your students like you do, and you can provide valuable insight into your child..
If you would like to meet with the teachers prior to our request, please call the school and ask for Suzie Hames. Suzie maintains all of the grade level calendars and is the best equipped to schedule conferences.
FSA 2016 Testing:
FSA testing has arrived! Please use the calendar tool at the bottom of this page to find out which day each assessment will be administered on. FSA Writing is now behind us, but the math and reading assessments are right around the corner. At the bottom of this page (right above the calendar), please click on the Parent Letter for important information on policies/procedures and testing dates.
Who are School Counselors?
January/February Guidance Topic: The Kindness Effect
April/May Guidance Topic: Stress Management
FAMILY & COMMUNITY RESOURCES
TOLL FREE HELP LINES:
Family Support & Abuse Prevention
· Florida’s Parent Support Helpline- Provides confidential counseling and referral to parents who are stressed. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-FLA-LOVE (1-800-352-5683)
· Abuse Registry-Florida hotline determines if the information presented complies with the mandates in law and assists all callers with information and referral to enhance the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable adults. Available 24 hours, 7 days a week. 1-800-96-ABUSE (1-800-96-2873)
· Child Help USA- Offers crisis intervention, information and referrals. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) www.childhelp.org
· Parents Without Partners- Provides single parents and their children with an opportunity for enhancing personal growth, self-confidence, and sensitivity towards others by offering real help in the way of discussions, professional speakers, study groups, publications, and social activities for families and adults. Available 8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. 1-800-637-7374 www.parentswithoutpartners.org
· AARP Foundation Grandparent Information Center- A resource for grandparents raising grandchildren, professionals, support groups, researchers and policy makers. 1-800-OUR-AARP (1-800-687-2277) www.aarp.org
· Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America- Volunteers support families under stress and single parents by working with children in need of additional attention and friendship. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-888-412-BIGS www.bbbsa.org
· CHADD- A national non-profit organization providing education, advocacy and support for individuals with ADD/ADHD. Automated phone service. 1-800-233-4050 www.chadd.org
· Family Network on Disabilities- Provides family-driven support, education, information, and advocacy. Available 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. 1-800-825-5736 www.fndfl.org
Health Services, Food & Nutrition
· ACCESS Florida- Toll-free number to apply for food stamps, Medicaid, and temporary cash assistance. 1-866-76ACESS(1-866-762-2237) www.dcf.state.fl.us/ess/index.shtml
· National Suicide Hotline- Trained volunteers and professional counselors are there to listen. 1-800-784-2433 or Teen Hotline 1-877-968-8454
PDF FilesFSA 2016 Parent Letter - Policies/Procedures & Important Dates
Guidance Topic Questions: April/May 2016 -
Guidance Topic Questions: January/February 2016 -