Mrs. Renee Jacobson « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
Welcome to 6th grade math. I am Renee Jacobson and this is my tenth year at VCMS. I look forward to working with both students and parents as we add to each child a greater understanding of how math concepts work together. The following paragraphs provide a little overview of what we will be covering this school year.
Tutoring is open to all students. Starting October 12th I will be tutoring every Wednesday from 3:00-3:45 in my classroom. Students can go to aftercare at 3:45 or be picked up at the front of the school at 3:45.
In this class, we will develop a lifelong love for math. Students will be reviewing concepts and skills taught from the previous year and expanding on these skills through a variety of techniques. The main ideas that will be taught throughout the year are as follows:
- Ratios and Proportional Relationships: Connect rates and ratios to multiplication and division; Apply the relationship between fractions, decimals and percents to solve problems
- The Number System: Multiply and divide decimals and fractions that represent real-world situations.
- Expressions and Equations: Write and evaluate expressions and equations and apply the properties of operations. Write, graph, and solve one-variable inequalities. Represent and analyze the relationship between two variables in a function.
- Geometry: Find the area, volume, and surface area of 2-D and 3-D figures.
- Statistics and Probability: Find and use measures of center and measures of variation to describe sets of data. Represent and analyze data using line plots, histograms, and box plots.
Florida Math Connects published by Glencoe McGraw-Hill
Your student may utilize the textbook’s website at:https://connected.mcgraw-hill.com/connected/login.do for additional skills practice.
Student log in:
Username: (first initial of first name and first initial of last name in front and skyward 10 digit ID)
Password: Passw0rd ( the 0 is a number)
Students’ grades will be determined by the following: Tests, Quizzes, and Practice. Homework practice will be posted on the website calendar on Monday of each week.
USA TEST PREP: www.usatestprep.com/member-login
ALEKS: www.aleks.com 7 topics each week for the 2nd nine weeks
If you ever have a concern about your student, please contact me by email at Renee.Jacobson@tvcs.org or by leaving me a phone message at (352) 259-0044.
Thank you ,
6th grade math
Chapter 1 - NOTES
Chapter 10 - Notes
Chapter 11 - Notes
Chapter 12 - NOTES
Chapter 2 - NOTES
Chapter 3 - Notes
Chapter 4 - NOTES
Chapter 5 - Notes
Chapter 6 - Notes
chapter 7 - notes
Chapter 8 - Notes
Chapter 9 - Notes
Classroom behavior management plan - Classroom behavior management plan
syllabus - math syllabus