Online textbook link:
Information on getting someone you care about help for drug abuse: http://www.projectknow.com/research/substance-abuse-help/
Notetaking packets: If your students can't find their notetaking packet, they can print out a new one by going to the online text book. How to find the resources:
- Go to online textbook, through the link above.
- Sign into the network (villagesschool\user name then your password for school computers)
- Select textbook for health
- In the margin you will see a tab that says Classroom Resources by Type
- Click on Editable Resources
- Choose Adaptable reading and note taking guide
- Print out each lesson (ex. ch. 17.1, 17.2, 17.3 and 17.4)
Chapter 20- Adolescence and Adulthood
- List three main categories of physical changes that occur during adolescence.
- Describe three mental changes that adolescents experience.
- Summarize the emotional changes of adolescence.
- Set a personal goal and develop a plan for achieving the goal.
- Identify the responsibilities that adolescents have to themselves and others.
- Summarize the changes that people undergo during adulthood.
- List three keys to a successful marriage.
- Analyze how decisions made in youth can affect the aging process.
- List the five stages of dying that some people experience.
- Summarize helathy strategies for coping with a dying loved one and coping after a death.
After school computer lab : Open Monday - Friday from 3:20-5:20 in room 217.
8th Grade Health Syllabus - 8th Grade Health Syllabus
Grade Recovery Guidelines - Grade Recovery Guidelines
Grade Recovery Rubric - Grade Recovery Rubric
How can parents protect kids from smoking fact she - fact sheet
Mayor Speech Rubric -
smoking and kids fact sheets - fact sheet
Smoking and other drugs fact sheet - fact sheet
smoking starts at a very young age fact sheet - fact sheet
tobacco companies maketing to kids fact sheet - fact sheet
Tobacco project rubric for project #1 - project #1
Tobacco project rubric for project #2 - project #2
Trends in tobacco industry fact sheet - fact sheet
Where do youth smokers get cigarettes fact sheet - fact sheet