Ms. Chantel Duval « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
Dear Parents and Students,
I am looking forward to a great new school year at The Villages Charter Middle School. Below ia a course description as well as important information throughout the year.
Please read and sign the Syllabus that was emailed to you. If for some reason the email did not go through, my Syllabus is on my Teacher Connection page as a PDF file.
Weekly assignments will be posted under Monday of the calendar section for the entire week for you to easily preview.
Sixth Grade: M/J World History - The sixth grade social studies curriculum consists of the following content area strands: World History, Geography, Civics, and Economics. The primary content for this course pertains to the world’s earliest civilizations to the ancient and classical civilizations of Africa, Asia, and Europe. Students will be exposed to the multiple dynamics of world history including economics, geography, politics, and religion/philosophy. Students will study methods of historical inquiry and primary and secondary historical documents.
Social Studies Supplies:
- 1 packages of notebook paper
- 1 package of dividers-5 tabs
- 1 pocket folder (which will stay in their backpack for important papers to go home in)
- 2“ Binder (binder will stay in the classroom, I will collect them on Thursday)
Divider Tabs will be labeled in this order:
- Bell Ringers (add notebook paper under this tab)
- Notes (add notebook paper under this tab)
- Miscellaneous (Misc)
The following items need to be given to your child’s homeroom teacher on Orientation or the first day of school:
- 3 boxes of tissues
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- 1 container of disinfecting wipes
If you have any questions, please to not hesitate to reach me by email.
Links Below for Classwork and Homework:
SKYWARD - Online Gradebook
Students have their own username and password.
- USERNAME: First Initial followed by there Student ID number
- PASSWORD: Same password as their computer log-in
USA TEST Prep : http://www.usatestprep.com/Member-Login (Make sure you log-in through Chrome)
- Account ID: buffalo48
- Username: last name first initial
- Password: Same password as their computer log-in
Online Textbook https://connected.mcgraw-hill.com/connected/login.do
Directions for logging in the Online Textbook
- Student Log-In: Username: (first initial of first name + first initial of last name in front + skyward 10 digit ID)
- Password: Passw0rd (Note: that is a zero instead of the letter "o")
** EXTRA CREDIT: Is offered through Quizlet. Students must complete: Flash Cards, Learn, and Test at 100% proficiency before the chapter test is given. After 100% is mastered students can work on the Scatter and Gravity section.
Quizlet: is an online source that can be used to help study. Below is the links needed to set up an account under the correct class. You will need an email account in order to create an account. Click on the appropriate link based on your class period and set up an account.
Username: When creating your username, please make sure to include your firstname and the first initial of your last name so that I can recognize whose account I am viewing.
Password: Create a password that you will remember. I do NOT have access to retrieving or resetting your password.
- 1st Period https://quizlet.com/join/F6v3WHHzs
- 2nd Period https://quizlet.com/join/f3Fm7UBTj
- 4th Period https://quizlet.com/join/xDQWxGwaZ
- 5th Period https://quizlet.com/join/ez3rw9VKj
- 6th Period https://quizlet.com/join/85H9GXAQU
- 7th Period https://quizlet.com/join/ZHJpAcN4v
6th Grade World History Syllabus - Please read, sign the last page and return.
Chapter 2 Study Guide - Answers included
Chapter 2.1 Notes - Quiz August 31
Chapter 2.2 - Notes
Chapter 3.1 - Notes
Chapter 3.2 - Notes
Extra Credit - Presidential Debate