Dear Parents and Students,
Chapter 6: The Israelites
Essential Questions for Unit:
- Lesson 1: How do religions develop?
- Lesson 2: What are the characteristics of a leader?
- Lesson 3: How does religion shaper society?
Lesson 4: Why does conflict develop?
Students will know:
- The difference between polytheism and monotheism
- Key leader of the ancient Israelites
- The characteristic of the inhabitants of Canaan
- Canaan’s significance to the to the development of Judaism
- The key leaders of the ancient Israelites
- About the fall of Judah and the Judean exile to Babylon
- About the Israelites’ belief in individual responsibility and just society
- About Jewish exile in Babylon and the return of Judah
- What is contained in the Hebrew Bible
- The feature of daily life in ancient Israel
- Why Hanukkah is celebrated
- Why the Jew revolted against the Greek rule
- What life was like for the Greek and Roman rule
- The beliefs of different Jewish group under Roman rule
- Why the Jew revolted against Rome
How can I help my child student for a quiz or test? I get asked this question from time to time, so here are some resources your child can use:
- NOTES: Students should be studying their notes that we take in class.
- TEXTBOOK: Every student has a textbook at home at the end of the lesson quiz your child on the questions at the bottom of the page.
- STUDENT WORKBOOK: is a good resource for students to go over the questions and answers from the chapter and lesson.
- VOCABULARY WORDS: Students should know the academic and content vocabulary word and definition. Sometimes making flashcards helps with studying the vocabulary words.
Weekly assignments will be posted under Monday of the calendar section for the entire week for you to easily preview.
Social Studies Supplies:
- 1 packages of notebook paper
- 1 package of dividers-5 tabs
- 1 pocket folder
- 2“ Binder
Binder 5 Tab-Divider Set-Up:
- 1- Bell Ringers (add paper behind tab)
- 2- Notes (add paper behind tab)
- 3- Quizzes
- 4- Tests
- 5- Projects (add paper behind tab)
If you have any questions, please to not hesitate to reach me by email.
Notes Ch. 6.1 - 6.2 - Notes