Dear Parents and Students,
We are starting Chapter 4: Mesopotamia (8000 B.C. - 500 B.C.)
- How does geography influence the way people live?
- Why does conflict develop?
Students will know:
- why people settled in Mesopotamia
- how Gilgamesh relates to modern-day literature pieces
- what it was like to live in Sumer
- the Sumerian ideas and inventions that have been passed on to other civilizations
- the themes found in the epic poem genre
- how civilizations developed in Mesopotamia
- what contributions the Assyrians made to Southwest Asia
- why Babylon was an important city in the ancient world
Weekly assignments will be posted under Monday of the calendar section for the entire week for you to easily preview.
Extra Credit for the 2nd Nine weeks: Points will range from 6-18 points based on the easy guidlines requirements and rubric below.
Writing assignment "Patriots's Pen"
- Due October 14th for proofreading by Teacher
- Make Revisions and turn in by October 19th
- Final Paper Due October 26th
Social Studies Supplies:
- 1 packages of notebook paper
- 1 package of dividers-5 tabs
- 1 pocket folder
- 2“ Binder
Binder 5 Tab-Divider Set-Up:
- 1- Bell Ringers (add paper behind tab)
- 2- Notes (add paper behind tab)
- 3- Quizzes
- 4- Tests
- 5- Projects (add paper behind tab)
If you have any questions, please to not hesitate to reach me by email.
Disney Epcot Field Trip 2015 Letter -
Field Trip Parent Consent Form -
Patriot's Pen - Extra for 2nd Nine weeks
Writing Rubric -