Mrs. Shelbie Wiley « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
Welcome to 8th grade Science!!
Wow its hard to believe that this group will soon be in high school...later this year!! We are now starting our basics of Chemistry lessons. Periodically we will also continue our content review with FCAT Explorer to prepare for the FCAT Science assessment April 27th and 28th. This test will cover all middle school science 8th grade Physical, 7th grade Life, and 6th grade Earth/Space. Students can start their independent review at http://www.fcatexplorer.com. This program will be completed by testing time and recorded as a grade by April 28th. Lots of learning and fun labs!! Keep posted by checking the weekly assignments and important dates.
Lab Supplies needed for PI -
VCMS State Science Fair Team Results- Way to go VCMS!!! I'm so proud of all participants:)
Middle School Junior Division:
1. Alex Homs- Chemistry 5th Place Category & Special award from NASA
2. Randa Shaw- Engineering 2nd Place Category
3. Sabrina Mead- Microbiology
4. Kevin Matos- Environmental Science 5th Place Category
7. Ryan Graham- Botany 3rd Place Category & Special award from US Metric Association
8. Kayle Cunningham - Medicine & Health 5th Place Category
Click below to log into our textbook -
Username - last name first initial @tvcs
Password - Buff@108
Online Vocabulary Flashcards Instructions:
1. After successful login, click on Explore (top right).
2. Click on the chapter.
3. Click on The Essential Question.
4. Click on Vocabulary Flash Cards (top right).
5. Click on next and then Test me.
6. Hide the terms & select random.
7. Do not forget to have a parent sign off for credit J
1. After successful login, click on Things To Do (top right).
2. The test will be waiting for you one week prior to the test date.
3. The score will be sent to meJ
Periodic Table - sites to use:)
Cool Science News and Information:
Alien Juice bar Acidic or Alkaline - http://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/kidsite/portfolio/alien-juice-bar/
The pH factor - http://www.miamisci.org/ph/
HELP me!! I don't understand! Please come see me after school any day Monday - Friday afterschool until 3:40. Or see me for a morning pass - when no meetings are scheduled.
Science Fair - Idea Websites