Mrs. Shelbie Wiley « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
Welcome to 8th grade Science!!
Wow its hard to believe that this group will soon be in high school...later this year!! We are now starting our basics of Chemistry lessons. Periodically we will also continue our content review with FCAT Explorer to prepare for the FCAT Science assessment April 27th and 28th. This test will cover all middle school science 8th grade Physical, 7th grade Life, and 6th grade Earth/Space. Students can start their independent review at http://www.fcatexplorer.com. This program will be completed by testing time and recorded as a grade by April 28th. Lots of learning and fun labs!! Keep posted by checking the weekly assignments and important dates.
Lab Supplies needed for PI -
VCMS Regional Science Fair Team Results- Way to go VCMS!!! I'm so proud of all participants:)
Middle School Junior Division:
1. Alex Homs- Chemistry 1st Place Category & State Team – additional: Broadcom Masters Award; national Oceanic and Atmospheric Association Award.
2. Gabrielle Soto- Earth & Space 1st Place Category & Alternate State Team - additional: Broadcom Masters Award, Orlando Science Center Competition.
3. Rhanda Shaw- Engineering 1st Place Category & State Team – additional: Broadcom Masters Award, Orlando Science Center Competition; United States Navy Award.
4. Sabrina Mead- Microbiology 1st Place Category & State Team – additional: Broadcom Masters, Orlando Science Center Competition.
5. Kevin Matos- Environmental Science 1st Place Category & State Team – additional: Broadcom Masters, Orlando Science Center Competition.
6. Katie Wiley- Behavioral & Social Science 2nd Place Category – additional: American Physiological Award; US Army Award
7. Ryan Graham- Botany 1st Place Category & State Team – additional: Broadcom Masters
8. Kayle Cunningham - Medicine & Health 1st Place Category & State Team - additional: Broadcom Masters
State science fair participants please review the checklist and come prepared.
Click below to log into our textbook -
Username - last name first initial @tvcs
Password - Buff@108
Online Vocabulary Flashcards Instructions:
1. After successful login, click on Explore (top right).
2. Click on the chapter.
3. Click on The Essential Question.
4. Click on Vocabulary Flash Cards (top right).
5. Click on next and then Test me.
6. Hide the terms & select random.
7. Do not forget to have a parent sign off for credit J
1. After successful login, click on Things To Do (top right).
2. The test will be waiting for you one week prior to the test date.
3. The score will be sent to meJ
Periodic Table - sites to use:)
Cool Science News and Information:
Alien Juice bar Acidic or Alkaline - http://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/kidsite/portfolio/alien-juice-bar/
The pH factor - http://www.miamisci.org/ph/
HELP me!! I don't understand! Please come see me after school any day Monday - Friday afterschool until 3:40. Or see me for a morning pass - when no meetings are scheduled.
GOLD Binder Grading Rubric - Use as a checklist for binder due by 11/4!!
GOLD Path Tri Board Project Display - Follow this format to set up your board:)
GOLD Science Fair Forms Helpful Reminders - Please follow the instructions:)
GOLD Science Fair Parent-Student Information - Set up 11/18, Judge 11/19, View/Awards 11/20
GOLD Tri Board Checklist & Grading Rubric - Use as a checklist to set up board due by 11/18
GREEN Path Power-Point Grading Rubric - Use as a checklist save on jump drive due 11/4!!
Physics Day 12/5 Parent Information - Times, Dress Code, etc.
Science Fair - Idea Websites
Science Fair GOLD Path Checklist & Due Dates - Don't fall behind..stay ahead:)
Science Fair GOLD Path Research Plan - Follow Exact Format - Typed, due by 9/19
Science Fair GREEN Path Checklist & Due Dates - Don't fall behind...stay ahead:)