Mrs. Cynthia Mergaert « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
Have a Great Summer!
Don’t forget to read! All incoming 6th Grade students will need to attain 10 points over the summer. This will be your first test grade, so be prepared to start the year strong with a 100% for reaching your summer AR goal. I look forward to seeing everyone in August!
If you have not purchased your supplies yet, the necessary supplies for language arts in 2016-2017 are:
Language Arts-Regular and Advanced:
· 2 Thick Plastic Folders with three brads to hold papers, or one 1/2 binder with pockets.
· 2 packs of sharpened pencils (to be turned in to the teacher)
Please bring your supplies to school as soon as possible.
USA Test Prep Link - http://www.usatestprep.com/Member-Login
*** Remember, for all assignments that require a written response:
- Fully restate the question in the response. Do not leave the reader of your answer
wondering who, what, where, or why.
- Do not start your answer with a pronoun. The reader will not know who he, she, they,
these, that, or it is.
- Stay objective in your answer. No I, my, or me statements.
- Use correct punctuation and grammar. Your writing is graded on all of these elements
*** For the RACE constructed response method:
- R - Restate the question you are addressing to ensure the reader of your answer understands
what you are writing about.
- A - Answer the question in your own words.
- C - Cite text from the book or article. Use the exact words from the text in quotation
- E - Explain how the cited text supports the answer.
On-line Literature Book - www.pearsonrealize.com
Essay Scorer - www.essayscorer.com/ph/fl/vcs
2015-2016 Behavior Management Plan -
2015-2016 Student Handbook -
2015-2016 Sunshine State Book List -
Argumentation and Informative Writing Rubric -
Argumentative Essay Outline Notes -
Argumentative Essay Writing Guidelines -
Informative Writing Guidelines -
Notes on Essay Planning -
Summer Reading Letter 2016-2017 School Year -
Tournament Brochure -
Writing Tutoring Letter -