We are continuing to develop informative writng essays. December 4th is the sixth grade field trip to EPCOT! December 8-10 will be the school wide informative essay demand writing. Please read, read, read to reach your goal for the second nine weeks grading period. The Sunshine State Books are a great way to get your AR goal. If you have not purchased your supplies yet, the necessary supplies for language arts this year are:
Language Arts-Regular and Advanced:
· 2 Thick Plastic Folders with three brads to hold papers
· 1 Composition notebook – not Spiral
· 1 pack of pencils (to be turned in to the teacher)
· 1 pack of notebook paper (to be turned in to the teacher)
Please bring your supplies to school as soon as possible.
*** Remember, for all assignments that require a written response:
- Fully restate the question in the response. Do not leave the reader of your answer
wondering who, what, where, or why.
- Do not start your answer with a pronoun. The reader will not know who he, she, they,
these, that, or it is.
- Stay objective in your answer. No I, my, or me statements.
- Use correct punctuation and grammar. Your writing is graded on all of these elements
*** For the RACE constructed response method:
- R - Restate the question you are addressing to ensure the reader of your answer understands
what you are writing about.
- A - Answer the question in your own words.
- C - Cite text from the book or article. Use the exact words from the text in quotation
- E - Explain how the cited text supports the answer.
***The new Sunshine State Book list for the 2015-2016 school year is now available. These are a great option for summer reading to gain your AR points and get a jump on the Sunshine State Book challenge. The list is attached as a PDF file. Happy Reading!