Our Elementary school curriculum includes a core curriculum with an emphasis on language and writing skills, reading, mathematics, science and social studies.
The following research based materials are used in each grade level:
- Harcourt Storytown Reading - www.harcourtschool.com
- Go Math! - www.hmheducation.com/fl/gomath
- Houghton Mifflin Science - www.HoughtonMifflin.com
- Harcourt Social Studies - www.harcourtschool.com
- 6 Trait Writing – www.greatsource.com
- Zaner-Bloser handwriting – www.zaner-bloser.com
A vital part of our curriculum, our special area classes allow us to provide a well-rounded program for our students:
Accelerated Reader, a computerized reading incentive program, focuses our students' attention on the careful reading of books, which improves critical-thinking skills and builds the intrinsic love of reading.
The Successmaker computer courseware provides individual instruction in reading and math for students at the Intermediate Center.
Our curriculum guide is the Sunshine State Standards. www.fldoe.org/bii/curriculum/sss