Our Elementary school curriculum includes a core curriculum with an emphasis on language and writing skills, reading, mathematics, science and social studies.
The following research based materials are used in each grade level:
- Language Arts: McMillian McGraw-Hill -www.connected.mcgraw-hill.com & Core Connections – www.coreconnections.com
- Math: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Go Math! - www.hmheducation.com/fl/gomath
- Science: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Fusion - www.hmheducation.com
- Social Studies: McMillian McGraw-Hill - www.connected.mcgraw-hill.com
- Benson Handwriting - www.perfectionlearning.com/benson-handwriting
A vital part of our curriculum, our special area classes allow us to provide a well-rounded program for our students:
Accelerated Reader, a computerized reading incentive program, focuses our students' attention on the careful reading of books, which improves critical-thinking skills and builds the intrinsic love of reading.
The Successmaker computer courseware provides individual instruction in reading and math for students in grades K-5.
Our curriculum guide is the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards. www.fldoe.org/bii/curriculum/sss